Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Just a thought

For a nation that often prides itself on quick gratification, our election system sure seems to take its damn time. Think you've wrapped up the nomination because you won the most states? Oh, sorry, too bad, we have some convoluted delegate system that doesn't make any sense.

With Obama and Clinton so close delegate-wise, I'm seeing speculations across the media that they could be duking it out well into spring and maybe beyond. That means at least three more months of debates and talking heads before the Democrats even have a nominee (but most likely not so for the Republicans, who appear -- surprisingly -- to favor the least insane of the three candidates.)

The good news is a McCain presidency probably wouldn't be a whole lot different from a Clinton presidency. There, I said it.

Anyway, I've prepared for months more of the Change vs. Dynasty argument by stocking up on hammers. Perhaps if I keep crushing them into my skull I'll go to a happy place where American politics doesn't exist.

1 comment:

Gormanite said...

It's called Eluvium, and it's a fucking ego-killer. Best consumed in doses of at least 30 minutes.